Look in the mirror. Does the person you see match the person you feel like on the inside? How much stock do you put in appearances?
This, as the day’s trivia is daunting. First of, I would like to give a big up for all home makers: daddy and mummy bloggers who manage to juggle baby sitting and blogging. ” I seriously fail to understand how you all get to scribble a word or two and manage to get word of sense across to the rest of WP family!” This is an attempt to apologise to my fellow readers for disappearing without an explanation this past festive or month. Baby sitting my daughter has been a task that has left me doubting who I really am as opposed to who I feel like.
I do not understand still how I woke up very early each morning and went to bed very late in to the night for the past month but still failed to scribble a word. I was always tired and giving excuses one after another and with each passing day it became easier to lie to myself and deny me the jolt I get from seeing my words in print as well as the experiences of others across the net globe. I am happy today’s prompt shook me off my comfort zone and reminded me of the youth in me who wants unprecedented achievement of he dreams, the writer in me must live!
Where did the energy go? I seriously find myself asking this question on more occasions than I would love to admit because I am afraid the answer I might not like. I would love to be engulfed by the cloud of graceful aging but the life in me will not allow it. I feel so young in side and yet my body decides to do other wise. I feel I can do 5 push-ups but this body will not do even one, no wonder a day spend with a four-year old leaves me panting for breath!
And soon I will be thirty! I still feel like yesterday I was a care free 21-year-old with endless possibilities. ‘Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?’ Still, I will it to be me, the chunk of me that feels young and daring to try out life with no shackles bout by fear and comfort in normality.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- The Mirrored Self | The Magic Black Book
- Fishing | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily prompt: Mirror Mirror | The Wandering Poet
- They tell a different story | Hope* the happy hugger
- Insanity | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt: Mirror Mirror | Thoughts of an INFP
- Infinity Pool | Exploratorius | Photo Hack & Curious Wanderer
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- of rituals « Anawnimiss
- I Have a Secret, I am Superman – Daily prompt: Mirrored | Eikons
- The Many Masks We Wear | Rose-tinted Rambles
- Dolomiten Spiegelungen | Foto Challenge
- DP Daily Prompt: Mirror,Mirror | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: mirror mirror | Attempted Human Relations and Self
- She stole my face | writemybrainsout
- Mirror, Mirror: You’re always Exotic Somewhere « psychologistmimi
- Mirror, mirror | Sue’s Trifles
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Now and then I will make an effort to deal with the current mug… | thoughtsofrkh
- Naked Selfie | 365 days of defiance
- Mirror Mirror – Daily Prompt « My journey to qualify for the Boston Marathon…and everything in between…
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror | Awl and Scribe
- Look away and I will be gone | Vampire Maman
- Skinny bashing. | jaguarsden
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror | “The Ish,” presented by the Bohemian Rock Star
- Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder | marjanitalarosa