First of, it is not in my culture to self proclaim albeit, give one undue wings to swore with in a mist of ego. But also another adage goes that people will only proclaim your greatness on your grave bed by your coffin as the earth is open-mouthed ready to bury you six feet in her belly, never to be seen again in flesh but to be thought of in spirit. I will, share my experience therefore bearing the wisdom of the later saying in mind.
I was surprised a while back by a friend who reminded me of her upcoming marriage anniversary. NO, the surprise was not over the celebration for her life with her dotting husband and children. It was the part I apparently played. I only remember vaguely that she and her beloved were frustrated for a while early in their marriage but since I never heard of that again I assumed it was not a huge deal. We lend them a copy of a book whose tittle I sadly do not remember, for them to go over as a couple. She sent me a short thank you note and told me the reason she still feels like they are just from their honeymoon and decided not to give up on her marriage is the book.
Now that’s, nice as nice does it. A simple sharing of my love for reading and a marriage saved and lives salvaged.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- To Serve Mankind | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Nice Is as Nice Does | Under the Monkey Tree
- The Everyday Sexism Project, Caesar and John Lennon | AS I PLEASE
- Nice – very nice 🙂 | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Kids get to me faster than anyone | From One Crazy Life To Another
- Kindness | My Little Avalon
- DP Daily Prompt: Nice Is as Nice Does | Sabethville
- Host | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Is it false to be nice? | Unlocking The Inner Creative
- The Daily Post: Nicety Nice : SiegMom
- Violins, cars and stereos: Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- 365 days of defiance
- Daily Prompt: Nice is as Nice Does | Thoughts of an INFP
- Be Nice | A mom’s blog